A Service of the Scott Free Clinic
Couple Communication I
- Hilton Garden Inn Eagan, Minnesota on October 14-15, REGISTRATION IS CLOSED for this workshop.
- Marina Village Conference Center & Marina San Diego, California on October 21-22, REGISTRATION IS CLOSED for this workshop.
- Courtyard by Marriott Vacaville, California on October 28-29, REGISTRATION IS CLOSED for this workshop.
- Holiday Inn Express Frisco, Texas on November 4-5, REGISTRATION IS CLOSED for this workshop.
For all of the workshops, session 1 is taught from 7-9 p.m. on a Friday evening, and sessions 2-4 are taught the next day, Saturday, from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Two requirements for attending are: 1) You must attend as a husband/wife couple, and 2) You must attend all 4 sessions. SPACE IS LIMITED so please do not hesitate, register today!
What is COUPLE COMMUNICATION I?
It is an easy-to-learn, award-winning educational program that both partners participate in together. As a couple, you learn 11 communication skills for talking, listening, making decisions, and resolving conflicts together effectively. Since its beginning at the University of Minnesota Family Study Center, over 700,000 couples around the world have participated in this theoretically grounded and well-researched program.
Who is COUPLE COMMUNICATION I for?
This program is for any couple who believes that good communication is important to the success of their relationship.
Contents of the Program – You Learn:
• The Styles of Communication Map to recognize ineffective and effective ways of talking and listening.
• 6 talking skills based on the Awareness Wheel Map of your experience to express yourself clearly and appropriately.
• 5 Listening skills from the Listening Cycle Map to tune in accurately to your partner.
• The Mapping-An-Issue Process that combines the 11 skills for making decisions and resolving conflicts.
As a couple, you choose together the issues you discuss when practicing skills.
Through This Program, You Can Expect to:
• Develop confidence that you can communicate effectively together.
• Create faster, better resolutions to conflicts.
• Increase satisfaction in your relationship.
• Expand understanding of yourself and your partner.
• Reduce disagreements and tension.
You receive a “Couple Packet” of materials that contains 2 sets of the workbook and other learning tools for each partner.